Thursday 5 November 2015

Chiang Mai's Outstanding Coffee Shops: Terracotta Arts Garden


Remember a couple weeks ago when I wrote about "Culture Shock in Chiang Mai"?  You may recall me having feelings of "where am I and what am I doing here?"...Well, as real as that was, there was one thing about Chiang Mai that made me come back to solid ground and feel like I could really get used to this place.  On my second night here, Zack took me for coffee.  Yes, it's Chiang Mai's coffee that may have brought back my sanity.  It's really something you won't understand until you're here.  Not only are there an abundant amount of coffee shops serving up really good coffee, but a lot of these independent shops offer an inspiring, creative, peaceful atmosphere.  Honestly, I've found small, quirky, modern, outdoor, indoor, inexpensive, expensive... you name it, Chiang Mai has got it!  So, after feeling not quite "at home" here in this Asian city, I found myself sitting down with Zack, taking a sip of a strong Americano, and thinking "all hope is not lost".

Though I already have found some favourites, I'd like to share with you one cafe that we enjoyed on a Saturday morning a couple of weeks ago.  The Terracotta Arts Garden.  Surrounded by a tall, brick wall, it is easy to miss this place, even if you're walking right past it.  Located just inside the Old City walls, outside the world is bustling, but by just taking one step inside the Terracotta Arts Garden you'll find the craziness fades away.  Here, you can have coffee (or lunch!) surrounded by Ancient Clay sculptures, lush greenery, and lots of shade to keep you cool. It's relaxing, peaceful and a creative spot to enjoy your morning.




No comments:

Post a Comment